More than anything, exercise requires dedication. You need to plan, start, and maintain a workout routine. Without dedication to your work, you’ll lose all of that hard work and you’ll end up having to start over.
Every time you quit you’re wasting your own time. That day off turning into a week off is not just a week of lost progress, it’s a week you’ll never get back. When you feel like you’re not making anyprogressin the gym it’s time to have an honest conversation with yourself. Are you tapping out early? Are you cutting corners?
There’s no shame in feeling like you’re lacking the motivation. Sometimes you need a top off. Today that’s what we’re here for. Gathered below is wisdom from some of the greatest minds of our time.
They’re not all weightlifters, hell, some of them are from poets. The one thing they all have in common is drive, though. These people have become some of the most well renown folks in the world, and you don’t get to where they are by sitting on your butt and doing nothing all day. So gather around, grab a cup of coffee, and take a read, maybe you’ll find some motivation here to keep at it.
Muhammad Ali is one of the most well-known boxers, if not human beings, in the entire world. He rose to the top and stayed there for years. He gave back to his community through philanthropy and extremely vocal advocation. His results backed up every single word that came out of his mouth. He was the best boxer of his time, and he remains to this day the only three-time heavyweight lineal champion.
He trained his heart out to earn those accolades.
You don’t become a pillar of strength and a world renown icon by quitting when the chips are down.
- I hate every minute of training. But I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion
- Don’t count the days, make the days count.
- Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill
- He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
- It's not bragging if you can back it up.
- Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
- Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
- If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you
Venus Willams, much like Muhammad Ali, is at the top of her field. Her athleticism is far and away above the abilities of her peers. She and her sister have earned three Olympic gold medals today, and Venus earned on herself in tennis singles. She became the first black woman to reach number 1 in singles rankings since the Open Era started in 1968. Her wins are dominant, she’s one of the few names to escape the tennis bubble. You can’t even talk about the solar system without mentioning Venus.
- Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t pretend that you do and, and some point, you will.
- In the sports arena, I would say there is nothing like training and preparation. You have to train your mind as much as your body.
- If you're not a competitor, you've just got to go home.
- If the sun comes up, I have a chance
- Life is challenging, but I’m always up for a chance
- In life, there is no such thing as impossible; it’s always possible
- Win pretty, win ugly, just win
Jack Lalanne was a prolific fitness guru and motivational. Chasing a healthy lifestyle turned his life around. In his youth, he was troubled. He stirred up trouble nearly everywhere he went. He also described himself as a hopeless “junk food junkie” and a “sugarholic” until he was fifteen.
He turned his life around after hearing health food pioneer Paul Bragg. That awoke a drive within him that he thought he would never have. That drive led him to open one of the first fitness gyms in Oakland, California at 21, publishing several books about getting healthy, and hosting his own television show, The Jack Lalanne show. He laid the ground for Jane Fonda and Richard Simmons.
He gained the respect of titans like Arnold Schwarzeneggar by out lifting them even late into life. In his fifties he was outperforming young men literally less than half his age. When he passed in 2009 his legacy endured. Arnold Schwarzeneggar called him “an apostle for fitness. That’s some of the highest praise you can get from the Terminator.
Jack Lalanne changed millions, if not billions of lives by teaching them effective fitness, setting them off down the road towards good health, and combining that with closer looks at their diet, and if his words don’t get you to work, maybe nothing else will.
- Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.
- The only way you get that fat off is to eat less and exercise more.
- Physical fitness takes commitment to exercise just as it requires good nutrition.
- I'd rather take a beating sometimes than get in that gym every morning. Anyone who gets up that early and says he likes it is a goddamned liar. The only good thing about it is that when I'm finished, I look at myself in the mirror and say, "Jack, you've done it again!
We can’t talk about the man that inspired Arnold without talking about the big man himself.
Arnold Schwarzenegger immigrated to the United States at the age of 21 a few years after winning the Mr. Europe contest while serving in the Austrian military to fill in his mandatory year of service. To say he exemplified the American Dream would be an understatement. He came to the country, served as the chairman of the President’s Council of Physical Fitness and Sports under George H. W. Bush and Bill Clinton. He was the 38th Governor of California, serving for eight years.
His bodybuilding career opened doors for a rather unusual path through the acting world. He wasn’t just some hired muscle, a stunt guy, or some meathead villain. He played some of the most iconic roles in film history. He overcame his, at the time “strange thick accent,” and “unconventional body” and made the world accept him for who he was.
So maybe he’s got something to say aboutmotivation.
- The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.
- You have to remember something: Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn.
- Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
- What is the point of being on this Earth if you are going to be like everyone else?
- Just like in bodybuilding, failure is also a necessary experience for growth in our own lives, for if we’re never tested to our limits, how will we know how strong we really are? How will we ever grow?
- The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character.
- The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.
- Positive thinking can be contagious. Being surrounded by winners helps you develop into a winner
Maya Angelou might not have dominated on the tennis court or punched her way to unprecedented worldwide glory, but she did help usher in the Civil Rights movement. Her poetry will never move a weight, but it moved a generation.
She was eloquent, powerful, and influential. She changed the legal fabric of America forever by working with Martin Luther King and Malcom X. For a number of years, she was a college student, and then eventually an administrator at the University of Ghana. She moved back to America after meeting Malcom X during a brief visit. She picked up her life and moved back to America and helped build the Organization of Afro-American Unity.
She traveled the world and worked several odd jobs, from dancing and fry cooking to assisting in the decolonization of Africa in Egypt and Ghana. She had to get up out of bed every single day to do insanely hard work over the course of her life. Maya might not be a champion bodybuilder, but her legacy was engraved on the world through herculean effort and dedication that never wavered.
If she can do all that, you can do maybe one last rep. Let her mind for poetry feed you some motivational quotes.
- Nothing will work unless you do.
- All great achievements require time
- Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency.
- If I am not good to myself, how can I expect anyone else to be good to me?
- If you’re always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be.
- I work very hard, and I play very hard. I’m grateful for life. And I live it – I believe life loves the liver of it. I live it.
You might have heard of this guy. If you want some fitness quotes to get you through a particularly grueling set. If you need help meeting your fitness goals you can do worse than following in the footsteps of the greatest Bulls player of all time.
Michael Jordan dominated the 90’s. He’s been enshrined in the Basketball and FIBA Halls of Fame. He’s gotten gold in the Olympics in basketball twice, as well as in the ‘83 Pam American Games. He’s one of the only players to have saved the Looney Tunes by stretching his arm all the way across the court at the last possible second. If you had a dollar for each point he’s scored over his lifetime in the NBA you’d have enough cash to buy a pretty decent car.
His accolades are relentless. Michael Jordan is a six-time NBA champion, led in steals three ties, and earned NBA scoring champion 10 different times. In 2016 he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Anybody that plays basketball professionally will tell you that Michael was the greatest to ever play.
- I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
- Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
You thought we were done? If you haven’t found the right fitness motivation quote we’ve got a few more for you. You don’t have to beSupermanto dig deep at the gym. Find a way to keep up the hustle, you could rotate them out as your phone’s wallpaper, or write them as affirmations on your mirror. Wellness starts in your mind, but you’ve got to start your fitness journey and keep at it.
- Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. ― Vince Lombardi Jr.
- Most people fail, not because of lack of desire, but, because of lack of commitment. – Vince Lombardi
- We cannot start over. But we can begin now and make a new ending. —Zig Ziglar
- Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable. – Zig Ziglar
- Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t. —Jerry Rice
- You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. —Wayne Gretzky
- If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done. —Thomas Jefferson
- It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape. —Kerri Walsh Jennings
- No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying. —Tony Robbins
- Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do. —Oprah Winfrey
- The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination. —Tommy Lasorda
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit. —Aristotle
- Don’t give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you. – John Wooden
Don’t give up. Growth only comes from overcoming an obstacle. Maybe, you’re tired after a particularly long week. Whether it’s weight loss, an emotional reset at the beginning of the new year, or an attempt at getting out of your comfort zone you’re going to need to keep the ball rolling if you want to stand a chance against yourself.Take care of your bodyas well as your mind, and you’ll work up an indomitable will.
Tomorrow get a goodwarm-upin and channel these badass motivational fitness quotes.
What are 10 motivational quotes? ›
- “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” — ...
- “Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working.” — ...
- “Don't settle for average. ...
- “Show up, show up, show up, and after a while the muse shows up, too.” — ...
- “Don't bunt.
- “ Get ready, be prepared. ...
- “ Running Long distance is 10% Training Plans and 90% Showing Up”
- “ ...
- “Be Humble. ...
- “ ...
- “You don't need to be extreme, just consistent.”
- “Work out because you love your body, not because you hate it.”
- “Sore today, strong tomorrow.”
- Energy, like the Biblical grain of mustard seed, will move mountains. ...
- A man doesn't need brilliance or genius, all he needs is energy. ...
- Our energy is in proportion to the resistance it meets. ...
- The average person puts only 25% of his energy and ability into his work.
“To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” – Buddha. “A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.” – Paul Dudley White (1886-1973)Do exercise and stay fit quotes? ›
- Remember who you're doing it for. It's Your Workout, Your Time, Your Body, Own It.
- Be proud. Don't wait until you've reached your goal to be proud of yourself. ...
- Consider the possibilities.
“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” — Reinhold Niebuhr.What is a powerful quote about strength? ›
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." "With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts." "Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle." "You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice."What are 20 positive quotes? ›
- It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. ...
- Nothing lasts forever. ...
- There are only two ways to live your life. ...
- Take chances, make mistakes. ...
- Being strong means rejoicing in who you are, complete with imperfections.
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - ...
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. - ...
- Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. ...
- If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. -
- Goals. It should be no surprise that goals motivate us and inspire us. ...
- New. Choosing to learn something new every day will give you a reason to grown and change. ...
- Challenge. ...
- Truth. ...
- Determination. ...
- Laughter. ...
- Perseverance. ...
What are some affirmations for exercise motivation? ›
“As I exercise my body, my body will repay me with extra years of good health.” “I am becoming closer to my true self every day. Every inch of physical progress brings me closer to that goal.” “I am fit and healthy and I radiate happiness and love.”How do you inspire someone to workout? ›
- Set Smart Fitness Goals Together. Goals are a great motivator. ...
- Be a Persistent and Consistent Workout Partner. ...
- Make Exercises Fun. ...
- Spice Things Up With Incentives. Everybody loves getting rewarded for something they've put effort into, and rewards incentivise efforts.
“Gratefulness helps us in focusing on the positive things in our lives rather than on the negative ones.” “The world needs huge positive energy to fight against the negative forces. Go to the center of your inner begin and generate that positive energy for the welfare of the humanity.”What is the most powerful energy? ›
Nuclear Has The Highest Capacity Factor
This basically means nuclear power plants are producing maximum power more than 92% of the time during the year. That's about nearly 2 times more as natural gas and coal units, and almost 3 times or more reliable than wind and solar plants.
- “What is now proved was once only imagined.” ...
- “If you have a dream, don't just sit there. ...
- “If you can't run, you crawl. ...
- “Don't let mental blocks control you. ...
- “The world's greatest achievers have been those who have always stayed focussed on their goals and have been consistent in their efforts.”
“The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.” “Take care of your body, it's the only place you have to live.” “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” “Wellness is a connection of paths: knowledge and action.”Why is exercise good quotes? ›
"To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise." "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." "Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." "True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are ever united."What are proverbs for healthy body? ›
Our ancestors have left us a great wealth of health proverbs, such as “Prevention is better than cure (1240)” (prevention), “Eat to live, not live to eat (1387)” (obesity), “Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise (1496)” (sleep), “Better to wear out than to rust out (1557)” (physical ...What are positive quotes about change and growth? ›
“To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.” “When in doubt, choose change.” “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” “One child, one teacher, one book, and one pen can change the world.”What are some 3 word quotes? ›
- “I'll be there.”
- “I love you.”
- “Maybe you're right.”
- “I trust you.”
- “Go for it.”
- “Got your back.”
- “How are you?”
- “I want you.”
What is a short motivational quote? ›
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." "Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do."What is your motivation to stay fit? ›
What motivates each of us to work out is different: maybe it's a health problem, an issue with sleep, a special event you want to look great for, having more energy to play with your kids or grandkids, or simply wanting to feel better and healthier in your own skin.What are the phrases of exercise? ›
Three key phases to exercise are the warmup, training, and the cool down.What is the best word for gym lover? ›
Definition of 'fitness fanatic'What are 4 positive quotes? ›
- You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ...
- Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. ...
- In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. ...
- The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down.
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.” ...
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ...
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. ...
- “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” ...
- “Positive anything is better than negative nothing.” ...
- “Limit your 'always' and your 'nevers'.”
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." "The secret of your success is determined by your daily agenda." "However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at." "Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success."What is an empowering quote? ›
Empowering Quotes for Self-Worth
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” — Buddha. “Self–worth is so vital to your happiness if you don't feel good about yourself, it's hard to feel good about anything else.” — Sandy Hale.
FEARLESS is getting back up and fighting for what you want over and over again… even though every time you've tried before, you've lost. It's FEARLESS to have faith that someday things will change. FEARLESS is having the courage to say goodbye to someone who only hurts you, even if you can't breathe without them.What is the best quote for myself? ›
- “Love yourself first, and everything else falls in line. ...
- “Talk to yourself like someone you love.” – Brene Brown.
- “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” – Robert Morely.
- “Love yourself. ...
- “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.” – Rupi Kaur.
What is inner strength quote? ›
“You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”What is courage and strength quotes? ›
“Courage isn't having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don't have strength.” ― Napoleon Bonaparte. Southern Living.Do your best positive quotes? ›
Things are not going to be easy, things are not going to be fair. Just do your best. To have faith doesn't mean you get any less frustrated when you don't do your best, but you know that it's not life and death. Take what you're given, and when you continue to work hard, you will see results.What's today's quote of the day? ›
Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.What are deepest quotes? ›
- “Whoever is happy will make others happy too.” ~ Anne Frank.
- “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.” ...
- “Motivation is what gets you started. ...
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” ...
- “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” ...
- “We are what we repeatedly do.
- “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.” — ...
- “Changing your mindset is a game changer.” — ...
- "Two things define you: Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything." –George Bernard Shaw.
- “All your dreams can come true f you have the courage to purse them.” —
Never yield to force, never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” “Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.” “Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts.” “The coward makes himself cowardly.How do you get energetic quotes? ›
- " Passion is energy. ...
- " Genuine beginnings begin within us, even when they are brought to our attention by external opportunities." -- William Throsby Bridges.
- " The power of imagination makes us infinite." -- John Muir.
- " ...
- " ...
- " ...
- " ...
- Love For All, Hatred For None. ...
- Change the world by being yourself. ...
- Every moment is a fresh beginning. ...
- Never regret anything that made you smile. ...
- Die with memories, not dreams. ...
- Aspire to inspire before we expire.
arena. nounbuilding or enclosure for entertainment or sports. amphitheatre.
What is Planet fitness motto? ›
Our mission is to enhance people's lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which we call the Judgement Free Zone, where anyone – and we mean anyone – can feel they belong.How do you inspire fitness? ›
- Make it fun. Find sports or activities that you enjoy, then vary the routine to keep it interesting. ...
- Make physical activity part of your daily routine. If it's hard to find time for exercise, don't fall back on excuses. ...
- Put it on paper. ...
- Join forces with friends, neighbors or others. ...
- Reward yourself. ...
- Be flexible.
This kind of primary exercise addiction has been given a special name: anorexia athletica [31,32]. With secondary exercise addiction, exercise is paired with a co-occurring eating disorder.What do you call a guy who workouts? ›
For instance, a person who goes to the gym three times a week and lifts weights in a routine program is an exerciser. Someone who is training for specific conditioning could be considered an athlete.What do you call a gym guy? ›
Gym rat and keep-fit-fanatic are in the dictionary; gym junkie/goer/nerd/enthusiast/aholic and megarexia, muscle head, and fitness freak all seem to be expressions which have been around for some time.What is slang for gym junkie? ›
|gym rat||fitness fanatic|
|fitness freak||health freak|
|health nut||gym bunny|
/dʒɪm/ [ C ] a place or club where you can go to exercise using machines, weights, and other equipment: I go to the gym twice a week.What is another term for bodybuilding? ›
nounworking out with weights. Olympic lifting. bodybuilding. free weights. iron-pumping.
Be with you every step of the way.What is Fitness mantra? ›
A mantra is a positive affirmation that you will use every day to change your subconscious negative thoughts — which linger in the background without you even noticing — to conscious positive thoughts.
What is Lifetime Fitness slogan? ›
Life Time – The Healthy Way of Life CompanySM, helps organizations, communities and individuals achieve their: Total Health Objectives.